Monday 22 February 2010

Awards, boredom and flapjacks

Hi blog,

So the Whatsonstage awards were good fun, shame the wrong people won in most cases, but what do you expect when it's a public vote. Some great live performances though, Charlotte Wakefield from Spring Awakening was a particular highlight with a great rendition of 'Superboy and the invisible girl' from the musical 'Next to Normal'(I wish this show would come to the west end, its so so good).

At the moment I am sat at home doing very little, I can't work on getting the musical i wanted to put on sorted because another local group got the license first, and the other musical I want to do isn't available yet. I'd be working if I could, but there is just nothing around at the moment. It's the longest I've gone without working ever, and to be honest, I'm getting more and more worried everyday, I'm sending my cv off to lots of people and applying for lots of jobs, but I'm just getting no reply or a rejection every time, and I can feel my self esteem slipping everytime that happens.

It would be easier if I lived closer to most of my friends, but I don't and can't afford to move. Most of the time I'm by myself at the moment, and whilst I often choose to be alone, I can't help feeling increasingly lonely!

I'm hoping for a miracle, I have applied for a job on 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' shot in Cardiff, I'd love to work on that, and I know I'd be great at the job too. But it's a BBC job, and I expect i'm young compared to all other applicants, so I kind of feel like I have no chance at it, even though I'd be so perfect for that job!

Damn these online applications, if they just met me they'd realise I'd be great at the job!

Anyway, I made some damn good flapjacks today, so that's one achievement I guess!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment